Sunday, April 25, 2010

You were made for someone greater....so follow Me

It's only been a few days since I last wrote, but I'm sitting here in the J-lab at 3 in the morning, where I've been around this time every night for the past week, just doing homework and I felt compelled to write. It's Finals week at school and life seems so stressful and nothing seems to be put in perspective and I feel really out of touch with reality. I've been sleeping in the j-lab on certain nights, getting by on limited amounts of sleep and relying on amazing friends like Christine to bring me snacks and caffeine when my body just can't handle it anymore. But tonight was different. But I shall start at the beginning of this interestingly, eventful weekend:



Friday was stressful because I literally had to work all day and then I went straight from work to a show that I played at to help out a friend, which was a really cool, extremely humbling experience. I so enjoyed playing with other people and being in a different environment. Then after that I had some interesting experiences that don't need to be explained but simply stated that God used those experiences to teach me many things about myself, and more importantly about Him.



Then today I FINALLY got sleep, I slept more than 4 hours last night. woot! but I had the most wonderfully amazing surprise today. One of my best friends made a surprise visit to come all the way from Blacksburg to see me. It was so good to just be around someone who knows me that well and to have God use him to speak such truth to me. I needed to here that wisdom that comes from someone who is so desperately seeking the Lord. It was such a fun night that God annointed with joy, love, and pursuance of Him. Then somehow I ended up in here with Christine (who once again provided snacks) and she played this song for me. It's called "Arms wide open" by Misty Edwards and it was exactly what I needed to hear. Christine just turned up the volume and I lay on the floor and just soaked. After a stressful somewhat eventful night, it was perfect to lay and listen to my daddy's voice. This won't make sense to most of you but maybe it will encourage you in some way. (All in my mind of course) But I felt Jesus touch my face and say "I'm not angry with you" and He smiled, held me and began to stroke my hair and as Jesus always knows what I need, it was perfect. Right on cue. I began to cry, a comfort cry, a relief cry. To experience Him in a moment of exhaustion makes the pain of it all, so worth it. So be blessed friends and soak in Him, tonight or in the morning and just listen. Hear Him and begin to feel yourself relax and bask with arms wide open, in who He is. I love you all, goodnight!

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9


Prayer Requests:

*My physical health

*Finals

*RUSSIA


Love,
Photobucket

No comments: